AP and Honors Courses
For the 2020-21 school year, Jesuit High School is offering 27 Advanced Placement (AP) courses and 37 Honors courses. See below for a listing of all AP and Honors courses at Jesuit, and click here to learn about the tremendous development and success of Jesuit's AP program and its strong results in 2020 AP testing. In the seven years from 2013-14 to 2019-20, Jesuit exceeded a 76% pass rate every year and surpassed 80% four of the seven years.
Decisions regarding student placement into AP and Honors courses are made by Jesuit High School faculty. Each academic department defines the criteria used, and student eligibility is determined in the spring of the previous school year. Students may decline a position in an AP or Honors course, and that decision must be made by the second week of June. Questions regarding AP and Honors placement should be directed to the head of the respective academic department. Criteria for AP and Honors placement can be found in Canvas under Family Information.
In 2016-17, Jesuit added the AP Capstone Diploma program with great success, as the juniors in the AP Seminar component of the program earned a 100% AP exam pass rate the first four years of the program. Three graduating classes have successfully competed the program - a total of 23 students - and earned the AP Capstone Diploma. Click here for more information about AP Capstone, and click here for information about receiving college credit and college placement for completing AP Capstone. More than 300 colleges/universities have credit policies for AP Capstone courses.
With more Jesuit students successfully completing AP exams every year, the number of AP Scholars has risen commensurately. The past two school years have seen the highest number of AP Scholars in school history. Click here for a story and the full listing of Jesuit's 17 AP Scholars from 2020 AP testing, and click here for a full listing of the 18 AP Scholars from 2019.
NOTE: The nationally administered AP exam is a course requirement for all AP classes at Jesuit. Students enrolled in an AP course may not opt-out of taking the AP exam for that course.
AP Courses - 2020-21 (27)
- MATH: Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles
- ENGLISH: English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition
- SOCIAL STUDIES: World History, U.S. History, U.S. Government and Politics, European History, Human Geography, Psychology, Microeconomics
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Spanish Language, Latin, Spanish Literature and Culture
- SCIENCE: Biology, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2, Physics C-Mechanics, Environmental Science
- ART: Studio Art: Drawing, Studio Art: 2-D Design
- CAPSTONE: AP Seminar, AP Research
Honors Courses - 2020-21 (37)
- MATH: Algebra 1, Geometry with Algebra 2 Concepts, Algebra 2 with Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics
- ENGLISH: English 1, English 2, English 3, English 4
- SOCIAL STUDIES: Modern World History, U.S. History, Economics, U.S. Government, Ancient Greek and Roman History, Financial Accounting, Business Law, Psychology
- SCIENCE Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy and Physiology, Space Science, Forensic Science
- FOREIGN LANGUAGE: Latin 1, Latin 2, Latin 3, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4, Reading Greek 1 and 2
- ART: Studio Art 2, Theater Arts 2
- ENGINEERING: Introduction to Engineering Design, Principles of Engineering, Engineering Design and Development
Dual Credit - 2020-21
Click here for information about Jesuit's 18 Dual Enrollment courses, for which students receive college credit.