AP and Honors Courses
For the 2017-18 school year, Jesuit High School is offering 23 Advanced Placement (AP) courses. Click here to learn about the tremendous development and success of Jesuit's AP program, and tab down to view Jesuit's AP course offerings.
Decisions regarding student placement into AP and Honors courses are made by Jesuit High School faculty. Each academic department defines the criteria used, and student eligibility is determined in the spring of the previous school year. Students may decline a position in an AP or Honors course, and that decision must be made by the second week of June. Questions regarding AP and Honors placement should be directed to the head of the respective academic department. Criteria for AP and Honors placement can be found in Canvas under Family Information.
In 2016-17, Jesuit added the AP Capstone Diploma program with great success, as the juniors in the AP Seminar component of the program earned a 100% AP exam pass rate in May 2017. Click here for more information about AP Capstone, and click here for information about receiving college credit and college placement for completing AP Capstone. More than 300 colleges/universities have credit policies for AP Capstone courses.
With more Jesuit students taking, and succeeding, on AP exams every year, the number of AP Scholars has risen commensurately. Click here for a full listing of Jesuit's AP Scholars for 2016-17, including the school's National AP Scholars, AP Scholars with Distinction, and AP Scholars with Honors.
NOTE: The nationally administered AP exam is a course requirement for all AP classes at Jesuit.
AP Courses - 2017-18 (23)
- Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Science Principles
- English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition
- World History, U.S. History, U.S. Government and Politics, European History, Human Geography
- Spanish Language, Latin
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics 1, Physics 2, Psychology
- Studio Art: Drawing, Studio Art: 2-D Design
- AP Seminar (AP Capstone), AP Research (AP Capstone)
Honors Courses - 2017-18 (28)
- Algebra 1, Geometry (w/Algebra 2), Algebra 2 (w/Trigonometry), Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Statistics
- English 1, English 2, English 3, English 4
- World History, U.S. History, Economics, U.S. Government, Ancient Greek & Roman History
- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Anatomy & Physiology
- Latin 1, Latin 2, Latin 3, Spanish 2, Spanish 3, Spanish 4
- Studio Art 2
- Introduction to Engineering Design, Principles of Engineering