Welcome to Jesuit
What is a Jesuit School?
Board of Trustees
In 1899, the school was founded by the Jesuit priests of Sacred Heart Church in downtown Tampa. Known then as Sacred Heart College, and a little later as Tampa College, the school was renamed Jesuit High School in 1940 in honor of the 400th anniversary of the founding of the Jesuit Order.
In 1956, Jesuit High School relocated from its turn-of-the-century location to its present-day Himes Avenue campus. The Himes Avenue location not only allowed the school to expand enrollment, but it also provided the space to put down more permanent roots and flourish.
For more than a century, great care has been taken to nurture the original mission of the school and to cultivate its academic standards, campus environment and spiritual identity.
The success of Jesuit High School is supported by the progress of more than 7,000 graduates and by the continued presence of sons and brothers of alumni in the composition of its student body.